VARSITY LETTER IN SERVICE PROGRAM BASICS
We believe in our young people’s’ ability to become leaders in the advancement of our community and recognize their capacity to create solutions to many of the challenges we face as a society. It is never too early to get empowered, by experiencing the value of a giving spirit and the benefits that come with Living United. Volunteering gives you the opportunity to affect positive change while developing skills that will help you to find a job, get into college, make new friends, complete your school service requirements, and make a difference in the lives of others!
- Be a student in grades 9-12 registered in the Port Angeles schools as of September.
- Complete at least 145 hours of volunteer service between the months of April 1st and March 31st. Must have at least 50 hours of non-school related volunteering (i.e. a nonprofit or civic service setting).
- Must have at least one school related activity (no hour requirement).
- All volunteer activities must be verifiable.
- Meet the 2.0 GPA requirement or receive principal GPA requirement waiver.
All the hours you have earned since April 1st count toward your final completed hours.
Get Connected- We are here to support you in finding the right volunteer fit for your time and passion. Stop by Room 109 at Port Angeles High School to access Youth United material and a volunteer opportunity list.
Youth Friendly Opportunities- looking for ways to volunteer in the community? Check out our tips for getting connected and view our list of youth-friendly opportunities with trusted community organizations. Learn More.
QUESTIONS: Call 360-457-3011 or email email@example.com