FIND YOUR PASSION. FIND YOUR PLACE.
According to research, volunteers live longer, healthier, happier lives. We all have skills and interests we can bring to our community through volunteerism. We can gain new skills, new contacts and new friends through volunteering. The United Way encourages all community members to volunteer. Here are a few suggestions
- Volunteer as a family
- Volunteer to read at an elementary school or at a child care center.
- Volunteer to build homes with Habitat for Humanity
- Volunteer at a Senior Center or our hospitals.
- Volunteer as a Girl Scout, Campfire or Boy Scout leader
- Volunteer to serve on a nonprofit board
Visit our Youth United page to Learn More about volunteering in our community.