- About Us
- Our Work
- Community Foundation
- Contact us
Varsity Letter in Service Program Basics
DO SOMETHING GREAT. BE SOMEONE'S HERO. FIND WHAT YOU LOVE, AND DO IT.....
We believe in our young people’s’ ability to become leaders in the advancement of our community and recognize their capacity to create solutions to many of the challenges we face as a society. It is never too early to get empowered, by experiencing the value of a giving spirit and the benefits that come with Living United.
United Way of Clallam County in partnership with the Port Angeles School District, Key Club, and other nonprofits will recognize and reward students for their volunteer efforts in the community.
Students who volunteer 145 or more hours of service in a year can earn their school varsity letter, the same as those earned by athletes and musicians.
Applications must be RECEIVED BY APRIL 1st
- Be a student in grades 9-12 registered in the Port Angeles schools as of September
- Complete at least 145 hours of volunteer service between the months of April 1st and March 31st. Must have at least 50 hours of non-school related volunteering (i.e. a nonprofit or civic service setting)
- Must have at least one school related activity (no hour requirement)
- All volunteer activities must be verifiable
- Meet the 2.0 GPA requirement or receive principal GPA requirement waiver
All the hours you have earned since April 1st count toward your final completed hours.
There are no fees associated with earning your Varsity Letter in Community Service. The only thing it costs you is your time to record your hours as you do your service in the community.
LEARN ABOUT NEW VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES BY LIKING OUR FACEBOOK PAGE: www.facebook.com/YouthUnitedOfClallamCounty