United Way’s Day of Caring is September 8th and 11th. We have projects scheduled in Sequim and Port Angeles. Please visit our Facebook page to register or share the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/901990236621252.
Invite coworkers, family and friends to join you at one of the following:
Port Angeles Events:
- 9/8/17 from 8-4 p.m. Help the Dream Playground Foundation to paint, rake and shovel new bark. (E 3rd Street, Port Angeles, WA 98362)
- 9/8/17. Start at 9:11 a.m. Work with AmeriCorps and Lions Club Volunteers at the 9/11 Waterfront Memorial Park. Please bring gardening gloves to help weed and clean up the park. (Previously known as Francis Street Park, 811 Caroline Street, Port Angeles, WA 98362)
- 9/8/17 Start at 9 a.m. Join staff from US Bank to help clean up the parking lot at 2nd and Lincoln.
- 9/11/17 from 10-2 p.m. Olympic Peninsula YMCA to paint the white house and help with garden beds. Snacks and water sponsored by Crestview and Parkview Villas (302 S Francis Street, Port Angeles, WA 98362)
- 9/11/17 from 2-5 p.m. Lutheran Community Services to weed flower beds and spread bark. Rotary volunteers will be building a “Little Free Library” (2634 S Francis Street, Port Angeles, WA 98362)
9/11/17 from 8-12 p.m. Work alongside City of Sequim Staff for the following projects in Carrie Blake Park (CBP, 202 N Blake Avenue, Sequim, WA 98382)
- Remove brush along Blake Avenue in CBP
- Paint the outside of the restrooms near the skate park
- Spread bark
- If any volunteers are interested they also have a project to paint fire hydrants around Sequim