May 12th-13th, 2021
Are you interested in addressing the emerging housing crisis in Clallam County?
United Way Worldwide has partnered with the Population Health Learning Collaborative, the National Association of Realtors, and others to support the Housing Solution Summit, a virtual learning opportunity featuring nearly 100 practical talks that inspire community-level solutions to housing challenges such as:
- The high cost of renting/insufficiency of affordable housing
- Racial disparities in health and wealth related to housing
- Evictions and foreclosures
- Homelessness/housing insecurities
- Gentrification, displacement, and the financialization of housing
- Barriers to home ownership
Featured speakers include:
- Jonathan Reckford, CEO of Habitat for Humanity International
- Donnell Williams, President and National Association of Real Estate Brokers
- Dr. Tiffany Manuel, President and CEO of TheCaseMade
- Richard Rothstein, Author of The Color of Law, Research associate at the Economic Policy Institute
- Brian Larkin, Director of the National Land Bank Network
Learn more about the housing solution summit through this flyer.
Click here to see the full summit schedule.
United Way of Clallam County is offering 100 spots to community members who are interested in participating in this two-day summit. The summit will be recorded, so if you cannot make it the day of, you have access to ALL session replays for 2 years.
Your All-Access Pass also includes:
- Recordings of Q&A sessions from the November 2020 Summit.
- Downloadable slides and other resources for most sessions.
- Access to Bill Barberg's 2-hour eLearning course on Managing Community Strategies.
The purchase of a pass is $30. If you would like to register please click here. In other instructions write Housing Summit.
Following the summit we will be hosting a community conversation surrounding the issues of stable housing in Clallam County. If you are interested in participating in or being a leader of the conversation please email Christy Smith at email@example.com.